Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy 1 Year Gotcha Day Sammy!




Time flies....boy does it! It's truly amazing to think back that's it's been a full year since Mike and I walked into Civil Affairs to find a very brave, happy little guy sitting there waiting to see what the heck was going on today. He was full of curiosity and concern for the other crying babies and really just wanted to play cars. It's amazing to think the transition he's been through, the transition we've all been through. Describing adoption is like describing childbirth or marriage to someone who's never been there, it's so unique and so powerful. I have not one regret, not one....he's yet another love of my life. Mike and I believe in our heart adopting is a calling God ment for us

Once our eyes are open we cannot pretend that we do not know what to do. God who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows we know, and holds us responsible to act.
Poverbs 24:12



It's a difficult thing for some to understand, but we decided long ago, we weren't doing this to please others, we were doing this to grow our family and please God. Some of those we love the most I don't think understand completely, but that's ok, we are all unique people, with unique experiences and values. With all things in life, there are no guarantees it will be easy, and adoption isn't always, it's just been sooo worth it!

Happy Gotcha Day!!! We couldn't love you any more!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy 1 year as a family day! Hard to believe we've had our little ones for a year - but at the same time hard to believe it's only been a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can't believe it's been a year since we were waiting for our little people to land in our arms. Wish I were on the roller coaster again with you. ;-) Take care!

    Misty
    (HFM on RQ)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammy is so gorgeous! Wow. Happy Anniversary! I am so glad your family is still growing. Adding a son---how exciting. I can't help but think that three girls and three boys would be just perfect----oh, I'll stop the pressure.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not believe that is the same child I met a year ago! Wow. He has changed.

    ReplyDelete