Saturday, January 5, 2013

I hate New Years Resolutions....

I general, I think they just set most people up for failure....in the past, I include myself in that statement...I just quit making them a few years ago.  Don't get me wrong..I love how positive they make New Year's Day...I love how everyone is so hopeful...and I will say...I am VERYVERY hopeful for 2013!  I'll just say it...

2012 was officially the worst year of my life

I am a thankful person...I am very thankful everyone I love is healthy and alive...and I am very thankful The Lord has blessed me with so much...I DO count my blessing...BUT last year was filled with the biggest, worst most awful challenges I've faced thus far...I'm not going to relive them here...I was just VERY happy to toast 2012 goodbye....I've set some personal goals for 2013...and I've started this new year out smilin', and grateful and positive...somethings I've let slip away...somethings I miss about myself and my house...

Thankfully things have been looking up....

pulling Sammy and Will out of school was a fabulous choice....it has really simplified and created alot of calm in our lives....Sammy has been a lot less aggressive, is sleeping in his bed @75% of the time, seems just more comfortable in his skin....I'm glad I trusted my gut...trusted that sometimes you have to pull in closer before you let go....sometimes you have to foster dependence to blossom independance...and I'm SEEING IT!! and I LOVE IT!!!  and bottle therapy and been amazing! for him....who knew???

Will however, is needing a bit more patience...I think he has felt stifled, and as happy as I am to see him stand up for himself....aggressiveness is coming out...I'm praying hard it's just a short phase....

Not sure this Mamma has the patience to go through this again...(please NO)
and a wonderful consequence of being able to let Will and Sam play alone unsupervised for longer than 3m is more time for my girls...games of 'Sorry, Headband"  American Girls...reading Harry Potter....and Mike and I went out for dinner ALONE!!! seriously for the first time probably 3-4 years....amazing!!!

So please pray for our families continued healing....I'm feeling hopeful!

BRING IT ON 2013!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm just catching up on your blog and read you are homeschooling your two little guys, and they are doing great! SO glad to hear that! Kimi really throws some major temper tantrums when things aren't going her way; but getting better also. I believe she has some very real anger about her treatment at the orphanage, and now she feels free to express it, knowing she isn't risking our love for her. God will give us both the patience and wherewithall to handle these sweet children. 2013 WILL be better!

    ReplyDelete