Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I'm one excited Chick!

I officially faxed all my homestudy documents off to my social worker Amy yesterday!! It was quite an accomplishment!! All 14 documents!! ..and if I may pat my own back, those 14 documents were gathered in under 4 weeks!!! It took two and half times that long for Sams!!! (It DID help some of the documents were able to be reused) My dear SW (who I feel like is a friend at this point) said it won't take long to tweek the old homestudy...so I'm quite hopeful the new HS maybe done in a week or so and we can move forward to the next step...the 800A application!! WHICH I've already completed and mailed to my Homestudy agency....GO ME!

Don't you LOVE adoption paperwork~~~ HURRY UP AND WAIT!!!! But as everyother adoptive parent out there, I'm oh so anxious to be waiting for the next step....one step closer always feels so good!

As for my lovely family, we are doing fabulous! Summer is moving right along! I'm so grateful to be able to spend as much time at home with them as I do! We've been having LOTS of fun doing a bunch of nothing most of the time...just hanging around! Lots of pool time, picnics at the park, playdates with friends, sidewalk chalk and bike riding...and staying up to late...I wish Sam would figure out how to sleep past 7:30! We did have a VERY exciting weekend! Friday I took a bunch of 13 year old to "Icthus" which is a HUGE!!!! four day Outdoor Christian Music Festival. We only made it for one day, but had a total blast! We had our faces rocked off by Fireflight, Skillet, and so many other smaller bands I can't remember~ It was 10 hours of blasting heat WONDERFUL music and AMAZING Christian messages for the kids. I really enjoy spending time with those of different denominations! Saturday was family cookout time, dinner out with my DEAREST friend Kristi and agroup of friends to celebrate her birthday and then downtown to a streetparty! I was actually in a bar at midnight on a Saturday night~~~ Geesh! Don't remember the last time that happened! I sent Sam a memo I was going to be out late two nights in a row...BUT he didn't read it and was STILL! up at 7:30AM!! Mamma's toooo old to miss that much sleep! Sunday was fun but LLOOONNNGG for someone who desperately needed a nap! Breakfast in bed for dad, mass, and another cookout with the DeLuca side of the family!!! Boy was I sorry I had to work Monday morning....gggrrrr! I'll post pics later....fun was had by all but I think it will take a week of naps for me to recover!

1 comment:

  1. So happy you are moving right along! It will be so exciting when you travel!

    And I love what you chose for his name :-)

    ReplyDelete