Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm advocating again!!!

Once you've entered the world of adoption and seen the faces of orphans you are changed...it's a rare parent that completes their personal adoption and completely steps away.
I still stay active on the advocating sights, I pray for the sweet faces and pass the word along about the sites to ANYONE I know who might be considering adopting


























Every now and again a few special kids grab my heart.




Like with Charlie from Eagle's Wings Foster Group who just turned three.


First of all, he's such a stinkin' cutie!! Second he reminds of Will in alot of ways.



Their SN's are the same, repaired SB and mild hydrocephalous...their files I think both "read scary" but both seem to be very high functioning and full of personality. They both seemed to have won the hearts of those around them. I even think he sort a looks like him...Will, with a big set of round, brown eyes....


He melts my heart...if the Good Lord would bless me with my SANITY back - and a huge pile of cash to hire a maid and tutor to help with the daily logistics....I'd snatch him up in a SECOND!!!






Here's what Donna, the director of "Eagle's Wings" has to say about Charle:


div>
Charlie, dob 5/20/08, is 3 years old. He has repaired spina bifida and a shunt for hydrocephalus. He is ADORABLE. He talks nonstop and has a sweet and funny personality. Everyone who meets him falls in love immediately. Charlie is in a group foster home program and attends preschool.

Just checked his short descriptor on the shared list. Of course, they have that "development of brain is not good". So I'll add another kid to my list for MRIs next week. OF COURSE a child with hydrocephalus is going to have a CT scan that looks different than a child without it...if it was the same then he wouldn't have had hc, right? ugh

I can see why people just pass right over a description like that, but I can tell you with all honesty, if people could meet him there would be a bidding war to take him home. He is sooooo cute and funny and loving and just his own person. And he talks and talks and talks. I had him slated to be evaluated by a speech therapist (along with 20 other kids when we had one volunteer come in) but his house manager said, not needed, he is talking all the time. And she is right! He is talking like crazy. He just turned 3 last week and he couldn't be a more normal 3 year old. But of course he has an abnormal CT and he is a boy....please, someone take Charlie home!

(btw...Charlie is the first little one that I found in the orphanage and brought home to Eagles Wings. He was 9 months old and his sparkle just caught my eye. I knew he was going to do great if he could just get OUT of the crib 24/7)

Yup, I have a passion for Charlie...
Donna

He's on the Shared List and can be found by any agency...contact me for more information!






I'm going to spread the word here and everywhere else I can think of...Pray for this little guy...could YOU consider opening your heart and home to him??

No comments:

Post a Comment